12 de jul. de 2013

Celeste and Jesse Forever

- She’s dumb, right?
- Oh, no, not dumb. Simple.
- Simple means dumb.
- No, actually, simple in a really elegant way.
- Elegant??
- I thought you would be happy for him.
- I am, I just didn’t realize that Monica was “elegant".
- Veronica. And you know what? You would probably really like her.
--
- And you’re right. Now what?
- What do you mean?
- Well, do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
- Listen, Yoga, I don’t want to be right, I know I'm right. People will let you down and I’ve accepted that fact, but knowing that makes it impossible to be happy. But at least it’s fucking real.
- No one has ever given a more self-righteous monologue wearing only a trash bag.
--
- You know what your problem is? Contempt prior to investigation.
- I'm sorry?
- You think you are smarter than everyone and that is your dark little prison.
--
- I’m trying to change.
- Well, you never changed for me.
- To be honest, you didn’t really let me.
- Wow. All I did was wait for you to grow up! I rooted for you, I fucking paid for everything, I did everything for you!
- Yeah, and I was never your equal. And you know what? I think you preferred it that way.
--
- It's beautiful.
- I thought you hated it.
- Yeah, well, I’ve never seen it at night.
--
- You deserve to be happy. And I want that for you, always.
- Me too.
--
Sometimes the end is just the beginning.
--

Nenhum comentário: